Whether you are building a new house or you are redecorating your existing home, one of the most fun rooms to decorate is the bathroom. If you've chosen an elegant look for your master bathroom, here are some ideas for you to consider.
Get Ideas From Decorators - Besides buying decorating magazines, go to your library and check out books on decorating. In addition, consider visiting model homes to see what other decorators have done to create an elegant mood. Don't just look at bathrooms, though. Get ideas from elegant living rooms and dining rooms and incorporate them into your master bathroom.
- Consider a crystal chandelier for your main lighting. Add matching crystal wall sconces, too. Selecting a chandelier and sconces that require little lampshades adds to the elegance of the room. Black or off-white are both good choices because they will go with any colors you select in your decor.
- Select real oil paintings and place them in heavy gold frames. City scenes would be gorgeous. If you have a love of travel, think about paintings of famous cities like Paris, Rome, London and New York City.
- Add a small occasional table and chair to your room. Not only will this be a lovely touch to your elegant setting, but they will be useful, too. A small lamp on the table will be lovely when you only want soft lighting.
- Consider using a real side table as your vanity and sink area. It can be plumbed with a beautiful sink that will also be easy to care for.
Add Practicality To Your Master Bathroom - Of course, while elegance is the look you desire, you can have a lot more than that, too.
- Consider purchasing state-of-the art shower heads that can go from the sensation of a rain shower to the feel of a waterfall.
- Another option is to combine a special shower head with a mechanism that provides a pause button. This feature lets you lather up and then resume the flow of the water to rinse off. This is definitely an important factor in saving water.
- Finish the look with a shower enclosure that is both elegant and serviceable. Consider selecting one that appears to be seamless, or one that has a brass trim that will go well with your elegant decor. State-of-the-art shower enclosures are made of tempered glass that is easy to care for and very durable. Keep the glass clean with a squeegee and a cleanser made especially for glass. A company like Affordable Custom Enclosures can help you find the best match for your bathroom.
Have fun decorating your elegant master bathroom.